So, what is so special about a Tuesday? Nothing really, right? It's just kind of "stuck" there in the middle of the week. If you follow me on Facebook, you know a month or so ago, I decided to start doing some special, unexpected things for my wife on random Tuesdays. Your spouse may expect that you might do something special for them on a Friday or a Saturday, right? So the whole idea was just to be thoughtful, be romantic at a completely unexpected time. I've been a romantic guy since early on in our dating years and continued on that way for many years of the first part of our marriage. As time went on, kids came, life grew increasingly stressful, my romantic side, my creativity became less and less. Fewer poems written, fewer date nights, fewer spontaneous acts of love and fun. I am thankful, that through God's changes in me, that romantic and fun side is back in full force. A few weeks ago on a Tuesday morning, I strode into Bailey Jr. High (my wife's school) with a dozen roses for Susan. You should have seen the other teachers, office personnel in the school. You'd think they would have never seen a guy carrying roses before! So, they started telling Susan "Happy Birthday"! We had to tell them, "it's not her birthday". They said, "oh, well Happy Anniversary". We told them it was not that either. They asked, "well, what is it?". As I left the school, I told them, "it's Tuesday". I'm assuming they got it.
Message being: ANY AND EVERY DAY IS A GREAT DAY TO LOVE YOUR SPOUSE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment