What is one to do with all of the technology that is out there today? That is, all the various ways to communicate and keep in touch with people. Do you really have to do ALL of it? I have finally succumbed to the whole Facebook thing and signed up for it. Still trying to figure out exactly where it fits in as to what to do with it. Obviously, I have a blog. I am on LinkedIn. A friend of mine asked me to "join" Plaxo, so I did, but really haven't ever done anything with it. Twitter seems totally pointless to me if I am also doing a blog, Facebook, etc. etc. Seems to me that Twitter would be a way that EVERYONE can see my every "text message worthy" thought. Still a holdout on Twitter. Does there come a point where no one feels the need to pick up the phone and call a friend, send a note/e-mail to someone, send a random text message, just because they are doing it all on the aforementioned websites? I'm not quite ready for that.
Anyone have any insight on this dilemma?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Bosey! ;)
ReplyDeleteI think FB is cool to find out how my peeps are doing and to see fun photos of them. I occasionally check it during the day when I need a break and it's interesting to find out how and what my friends are doing. As for Twitter... keep holding out! (I am too!)
I still talk on the phone to some people, though you have probably noticed that I'm not great at picking up the phone all that often. I email people to check in - sometimes via FB and sometimes via plain ol' email.
I'm glad to see y'all are doing OK! I'm excited for y'all about your dog. I think I talked to Susan-y after Molly passed, but I'm not sure I knew that you guys had gotten a new baby...
Talk to ya soon! Glad you signed up on FB! Can you see if Susan-y will too??
Susan thinks that all of the different social media is ridiculous and a waste of time. However, when she sees that I am getting different updates/insights on some of her friends, I think she'll come around!
ReplyDelete