




I've been abusing my blog again. I'll blame it on using Facebook for all of life's little updates. Many of you know that Susan and I recently went on a trip to San Francisco. It was so wonderful! Not just for the fact that San Francisco is a beautiful place, but because I was able to just enjoy time with my wife, uninterrupted by kids or just the "stuff" of daily life. Since we don't often get to travel or have time without the children, it made us appreciate the experience that much more. We spent several days touring around the beautiful city of San Francisco (and enjoying the much cooler temperatures!). The highlights of the city had to be the beautiful architecture, neat diversity of cultures, Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, and the food! After a few days in the city, we moved north of the bridge and aimed to spend a little more time doing outdoor activities. We drove up the seashore, up beautiful windy roads, for hours one afternoon. Every turn seemed to bring a new "ooooh, ahhh" moment. We had no destination in mind, just kept driving and enjoying the scenery. After finally deciding it was time to turn back, we found a cute little obscure restaurant and enjoyed a very nice meal. The following day, we enjoyed time in Sonoma visiting wineries and enjoying the very scenic countryside in that area. The next days were spent enjoying Muir Woods National Monument (seeing the majestic redwoods) and driving up/climbing up Mount Tamalpais. I could essentially finish each sentence with "the view was gorgeous", but I won't, you get the idea.
There is much more to tell, but this at least a snapshot. We were very blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy this vacation together.
Very refreshed, Bo

No comments:
Post a Comment